How is the course structured?
This is a 14-month course, delivered over eight learning blocks across the season.
Each block consists of either two or three days of focused learning where you will hear from external presenters along with FA tutors, together with classroom sessions with your peers. On completion of your modules, there will be a two-day assessment programme.
During this course there are five modules:
- Leadership and Management within Talent ID departments
- Negotiation skills and influencing others
- Modern trends in Talent ID and the game
- Structures and governance in Talent ID
- Practical application within Talent ID
What are the learning outcomes?
After completing this course you will be able to analyse and apply the following areas:
- Effective communication, influencing and negotiation
- Leadership and management strategies that create a high-performing Talent ID department
- Constant reflection and critical analysis of your Talent ID processes and practices
- Assessment of key laws in the football industry and their impact on Talent ID operations at your club
- Your club's ethics, values and beliefs and their effect on your club's Talent ID strategy
What you'll be able to do with this qualification
This course is a great way to further develop your leadership skills in talent identification.
After completing this course you will be much better equipped to develop and implement an effective strategy across your entire department.