How is the Advanced Youth Award structured?
This course consists of 10 days of face-to-face learning as well as online sessions and workshops, spread across the duration of your course. You will also receive a minimum of three in-situ support visits at appropriate times throughout the course. Full attendance of all in person and online components is required to achieve the award.
What is included?
The fee includes:
- Accommodation at St. George’s Park during two-day blocks
- All meals
- Full course tuition across all programme areas
- Assessment & certification fee
The Full-Time AYA course is an intensive nine-month learning experience based at St. Georges Park. All accommodation and sustenance costs are included in the price of this course. The Part-Time AYA course focuses on regional delivery and includes fewer accommodation expenses.
What are the learning outcomes?
The course will show you how to underpin a technical and tactical programme with the physical, social and psychological disciplines, as well as a closer integration of the Long-Term Player Development Model, to create an elite development experience for your players.
It will do this across the three age-phases - Foundation (5-11), Youth Development (12-16), and Professional Development (17-21) - helping you to make closer connections between the course and your role at your club.
By the end of the course you'll have learned about:
- Aligning coaching practice with the demands of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
- The impact of the four corners on player development
- How to individualise your coaching to meet players' learning development needs