This session will help players:
improve a variety of movement skills
begin to develop balancing and body positioning related to football
work on their coordination.
Skill bean is an 'individual game'. This means each child has an object, such as a ball or bean bag, which they move and interact with in different ways. The freedom of these games gives children the chance to explore and try new things.
Setting up skill bean is easy. All you'll need are a group of players and some bean bags. Extra equipment, such as spots or cones, can also help add more variety to the session.
How to play
Give each child a bean bag, then ask them to try different things like:
- balancing the bean bag on their foot
- lifting it up with their foot and catching it with their hands
- launching it from their foot into a target a distance away
- sitting down with a bean bag on their head and then standing up without it falling off
- trying one foot and then the other. Ask which was easiest, left or right?