Skip to main content
Coach speaking to players
Ongoing learning

Partially Funded Places Programme

Providing additional support for coaches who qualify in accessing funded coaching provision.


About the programme

To support football being truly a game for all, England Football Learning is delighted to offer partially funded places on our most popular coaching courses as part of our Partially Funded Places Programme.

The Partially Funded Places Programme has been developed to support coaches who may be facing barriers to getting involved.  We want to create a more inclusive coaching workforce and will be offering funding for 20% of all places on Introduction to Coaching Football, UEFA C Licence and UEFA B Licence as part of the programme. This funding has been provided by Sport England and England Football Learning.

This programme offers learners the chance to apply for an 85% discount on the cost of the course. Learners will only need to pay the remaining 15% of the course fee. 
This means that the cost of these courses for successful applicants will be:
Introduction to Coaching Football - Our partial funding offer includes Safeguarding, IFAIF, and the Introduction to Coaching Football. The total cost would be £160, but with a partially funded place, you would pay just £24. This reduction applies even if you already have your IFAIF and Safeguarding

Introduction to Coaching Football funding eligibility form

UEFA C Licence - The course costs £650. We fund £555, you only pay £95

UEFA B Licence - The course costs £1,200. We fund £1,020, you only pay £180

The initiative is aligned to our wider goal of helping to increase participation within historically underrepresented groups (including female coaches, disabled coaches and coaches from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic backgrounds) as well as supporting individuals from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds.


Important information

Our eligibility form for our Partially Funded Places Programme take place at different times across the season for the UEFA C Licence


The UEFA B Licence funding eligibility form opens at the same time as our application window each season.


Our eligibility form for our Partially Funded Places Programme for Introduction to Coaching Football are open throughout the season.

Find out more about our Partially Funded Places Programme

How are Partially Funded Places awarded?

We have worked with several organisations to develop the criteria for the programme.

We welcome applications from coaches who fit into one or more of the following categories:


  • Female coaches
  • Coaches from ethnically diverse backgrounds
  • Coaches from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds
  • Coaches with disabilities

If you are successful in receiving a partially funded place on one of our courses, you will be contacted directly with further instructions on how to redeem your place.


As well as our Partially Funded Places programme, we also provide Chase Fully Funded Places

These are fully funded places provided by the Official Banking Partner of England Football Learning, Chase. This programme has been created to provide funding opportunities for coaches who would benefit from financial support towards completing either the Introduction to Coaching Football, UEFA B Licence or UEFA A Licence.

Find out more here.



frequently asked questions