Introduction to Coaching Football
About the programme
The FA is committed to supporting grassroots coaches to start and continue coaching with confidence, with the aim of supporting more transformational coaches.
That’s why we’re really proud of our Mentoring offer:
‘Mentoring is to support, encourage & challenge coaches to manage their own learning within their own specific context, helping them maximise their potential, develop their skills, recognise their attributes; and all towards them becoming the coach & person they want to be.'
Our Mentor Programme is designed to provide:
- Face-to-face support - on the ground
- Addressing some of the stubborn inequalities in the game
- Targeted support for female and Black & Asian coaches
- Breaking down barriers
- Highlighting role models in the game
- Supporting coaches with individual bespoke 1-1 support
- Developing and supporting more mentors across our affiliated club network
- Developing more mentors